Happy Independence Day 2020: India celebrates 74th Independence Day on 15 August, 2020. On this day India gained independence from the British empire in the year 1947.
Every year on 15th August, we celebrate Independence Day which marks the country’s independence from British rule. The day also coincides with the Partition of the country.
In the middle of the global pandemic, India witnessed its 74th Independence Day. The Independence Day celebrations were carried out in full swing at Red Fort on August 15, 2020, following the precautions and guidelines released by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The day is usually celebrated with cultural programmes, flag-hoisting ceremonies, and other competitions. But this year, because of the pandemic, many restrictions have been put in place. It is, therefore, advised that you revel in patriotism from the safety of your house, maintain all safety guidelines. But do not forget to wish your dear ones on the special occasion.
Few wishes for you to send your near and dear ones to celebrate the pride of our country.
1. We celebrate the bravery of our gathers and their gift of freedom. Long may our flag wave….Happy 74th Independence Day!
2. Thousands laid down their lives so that our country can celebrate this day. Necer forget their sacrifices. Happy Independence day!
3. The tribute will always be less for our freedom fighters but the salute to all will never be less. Saluting the entire nation, Happy Independence day!
4. “This Independence Day let’s take a pledge to protect the peace and unity of our great nation. Happy 74th Independence Day!
5. Never forget the sacrifice of our freedom fighters who formed this country. Jai Hind! Happy Independence Day!
6. On this special day here’s wishing our dreams of a new tomorrow come true! May your Independence Day day be filled with patriotic spirit! Happy 74th Independence Day!
7. Today we celebrate the glory of freedom. We don’t understand the value of it until we lose it, so let’s remember about that and never let it go. Joy to the nation. Happy Independence Day!
8. Freedom does not come without a price, neither did ours. Never forget the bloodshed and brutality that this great nation has endured in the past. Happy Independence Day!
9. Self-reliant, self-supporting, self-sufficient..that is the India of our dreams. Let’s pledge and make it happen on this Independence Day!
10. Let’s salute the martyrs for the sacrifices they made and thank them for giving us our freedom. Happy Independence Day!
Independence Day 2020: Quotes By Legends
1. “Forget not that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: you must give if you want to get.” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
2. “So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you.” – B.R. Ambedkar
3. “A nation’s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country!” – Sardar Bhagat Singh
5. “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler, and sweeper.” -Swami Vivekananda
Quotes and messages by Freedom Fighters of India
1. “It is easy to kill individuals but you cannot kill the Ideas. Great empires crumbled, while the ideas survived.” –Bhagat Singh
2. “Even if I have to face death a thousand times for the sake my Motherland, I shall not be sorry. Oh Lord! Grant me a hundred births in India. But grant me this, too, that each time I may give up my life in the service of the Motherland.”—Ram Prasad Bismil
3. “Our Nation is like a tree of which the original trunk is Swarajya and the branches are Swadeshi and Boycott.”—Bal Gangadhar Tilak
4. “We will face the bullets of the enemies. We are free and will remain free.”—Chandra Shekhar Azad
5. “One individual may die; but the idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.”—Subhas Chandra Bose